Friday, August 6, 2010

Tattoo Etiquette Part 1

The joy of being an artist with skin as a canvas allows for some very interesting moments during the day.  Because I love each and everyone of my customers (mainly for the $$$) I have created a quick reference list of proper "Tattoo Etiquette":

The price isn't changing. Pay up and shut up.

Build a relationship with your tattoo artist but don't try to be in a relationship with me. 

Don't ask what we plan to do with our abundant tattoos 20 years from now. The reality is that 20 years from now ink-less people will be the minority... and we will rule the world.

Don't offer me sex for tattoos. Treat me with some respect. At least take me to dinner first!

If you are trying to be original then don't request someone else's tattoo. 
    Me: So you want something original? What would you like?
    You: Exactly what she has ::pointing to another person::
    Me: ::blank stare::


Everyone deals with pain differently but try to refrain from the sounding like this video is setting the mood (and Mr. Marcus or Carmen Hayes is your co-star):


Tattooing is not a group sport. If you're the 1 person is getting a tattoo... DON'T invite 8 of your friends. This isn't the BET awards. It makes the room hot and that makes me most uncomfortable.  Furthermore, listening to all 8 of you make fun of your ninja because its hurts gets old... quickly.

I am not rich. He is in the front of the shop. Leave your shovels at home ladies.

However, if you do bring a friend for moral support, do not injury them. One Stroke Tattoos is not and will never be responsible for crushed hands, broken bones, kicks, punches or any other bodily harm that you have caused your friend.

Ladies, what is the fascination with knowing if I have ever had sex in the shop? Nosey.

Good hygiene is not optional.  Scrub a dub dub, wash that ass before you get that ink love.

Don't come in here under the influence... we all know the party starts at the shop not before!

DO NOT come into the shop and ask me if I know of any cheaper tattoo spots. Seriously? 


I hope you have enjoyed the list. Now tell a friend to tell a friend and share the knowledge.

2 comments:

Star said...

D, you are the best! lol, hilarious but so true!

Tia A. said...

In my defense, we were ALL supposed to get inked up! :p Haha At least I left you with one of your "best" customers (besides me of course :p).