Wednesday, December 22, 2010

NiceKicks.com Feature: 1 on 1 with Jordan Tattoo Enthusiast Chris Washington

Remember that Jordan tattoo that I posted a while back? Well now you can see it on NiceKicks.com. There is a full interview with Chris where he goes into depth about his tattoos, being a Jordan fan and of course.... yours truly. I posted a little excerpt here:

Nice Kicks: So, what is the origin of your tattoos? What made you want to ink your body up with nods to Michael and his extensive sneaker collection?


Chris: I basically told Derrick, my tattoo artist, what I wanted to do. I went to him and told him I wanted a Jordan tattoo. He actually thought that I just wanted a Jumpman tattoo or something like that. So, I actually broke down the idea of me wanting it to look like the Jordans are falling onto my leg. On the back of my leg, I wanted Jordan doing a dunk or a layup, and I wanted a picture of his face. Basically, he’s my idol. He’s one of the few athletes or even black entrepreneurs that you can think of and not think negative about. I’m into sneakers and that’s a big part of his game, so I needed someone that was going to detail the sneakers and make them look real. Not over-detail them, not under-detail, but make them look exactly like the sneakers.
Read the full interview HERE

Make sure you read the comments. People hate what they don't understand.

No comments: