Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THE STROKERGURLZ

Have you ever read a magazine or visited a website and never see anything you can relate to? To be honest this how I felt looking for black women with tattoos. I checked numerous sites just to see, for a visual. It was either very scarce or not there at all. Yes I got offended. Like WTF! Black women don't get tattoos ,full back ,sleeves, legs nothing ? Just your average hood shit. No real art or self expression. I was pissed!! So I said to myself "Self this isn't right ! Even in the model books their tats were horrible or just some simple shit. I know plenty of gorgeous black everyday women that I've been tattooing over 10 years that have substantial amounts of work on them. "BING" on goes the lightbulb! After a meeting with A.Minx the answer was clear "Create your own Lane".

I proudly present to you the Strokergurlz. "Strokergurlz is a website dedicated to women of color  who need a platform where they can display their tattoos tastefully". On a personal note I originally wanted to just profile women I tattooed. But how do I help the culture grow for us if I do that? So I invite women that I haven't tattooed to join and represent their artists.



P.S. I LOVE THESE GIRLS!! REAL TALK!!

No comments: